As the world goes deeper into self-isolation, it is important to keep the lines of communication open and continue to support each other as much as we possibly can.
Acid Stag has launched a new series titled “CABIN FEVER” where we ask artists from all over the world to give us some insight into how self-isolation has affected their creativity and mental health, and also ask what they have/will be doing to keep their sanity and creativity flowing through these difficult times.
Today we’re so excited to be catching up with one of electronic music’s biggest names right now: French producer Petit Biscuit.
1. What is your current situation; are you at home alone, with family, or friends?
I’m on the countryside! At home with my family.
2. Have you been dealing with any mental health issues as a result of this isolation?
I’m okay! I’m working out, making music… Being on the countryside is helping a bit to find peace.
3. What have you been doing to manage your mental state (e.g. meditation, yoga, writing music etc).
Music, sport, cooking and eating well ect… Just trying to get a good and healthy routine to feel good inside.
4. Have you tried collaborating with other artists online, and if that is a yes, do you feel this has helped you feel less isolated & confined?
Before the isolation, I was already working online a lot! But I’ve been continuing that way, with some friends! And yes, the internet feels like we’re all together even if we should be all confined. But it’s way more different than be physically together.
5. Do you have any words of wisdom that you would like to share with fellow artists and your fans?
Stay strong! We’re living a hard period and I think music is even more useful for people to escape.
6. What is your “go-to” song right now?
I love the last The 1975’s album, can’t choose a favourite but I love ‘I think there’s something you should know’!
In case you missed it, Petit Biscuit delivered one of the collaborations of 2020 already with his latest single ‘I Leave Again’ alongside Shallou which is out now.