Welcome to Acid Stag, a global music news platform that is dedicated to sharing the music we love.
We receive a few hundred submissions every day and while we do try our best to listen to everything that comes through our inbox it just isn’t possible to respond to everyone, but we do try, and by following the below guidelines you can help make that possible – if we like what we hear we will get around to sharing your music as soon as we can!
● the No.1 rule is that you MUST send us a Soundcloud Link along with a Press Kit Link (which should contain the Artwork, Press Photo(s) & Press Release)
*best submission formatting for everyone is*
Intro [say hello!]
Soundcloud: [insert url]
Press Kit: [insert url]
● We only focus on “electronic music” such as electro, disco, house, groove, funk, soul, dance, electro-RnB, vapour-soul etc. (we don’t accept any indie-pop/rock/folk etc.)
● Always start a new email for each new submission with corresponding subject-line, and do not group multiple submissions by different artists into one email.
● We love making new friends, so personal emails get our attention over automated mail-outs.
● Premiere requests are more than welcome, we just need at least 4 days notice and we don’t require any exclusivity time, however the premiere will need to be scheduled between Monday-Friday AEST time-zone (Sydney, Australia).
● We prefer not to receive unreleased music unless it’s for a premiere request.
● Album/EP previews are accepted for reviewing consideration but you must provide a Soundcloud link.
● Feel free to follow-up with us but do it once only and not within 5 days of your original submission. If we haven’t responded after the first follow-up it is safe to assume that your submission has not made the cut, but we encourage you to keep us posted on your next release.
● Support the Supporters; we don’t charge for submissions, but if we do share your music across our network we feel that it is only fair that you return the favour; following our social media channels is a great way to show your appreciation, and by re-sharing our posts you will help maximise the exposure across the combined audiences which means more plays and attention for both of us!
SEND ALL SUBMISSIONS TO:
WRITE FOR US:
If you’re interested in contributing to Acid Stag, send us an email with a description of yourself and a sample review to the email address above.
LABEL & PUBLICITY:
Acid Stag also offers label & publicity services via Mammal Sounds; if your music sits comfortably within the realm of content currently shared on Acid Stag, feel free to contact us at Mammal Sounds with a short description of your project and a Soundcloud preview of your unreleased music.
Acid Stag’s logo is the work of Sydney-based designer Mulga the Artist.
● Jez Ryan