ACID STAG is very proud to be one of Australia’s leading independent music news platforms. We have a passion for discovering and sharing new music from all across the globe each and every day, and while our tastes can be quite diverse the quality of music is always guaranteed 🎶
Electro, House, Indie-Dance, Disco, Indietronica, Alternative-R&B/Soul, Vapor Soul etc.
Our submission portal is the best way to have your music considered for a placement on our site and it also guarantees a response/feedback.
We do still accept email submissions however we receive a high-volume of emails every day and it’s just not possible to respond to everyone (best to use the submission portal above).
We generally ignore all submissions that don’t follow our guidelines so please do some research;
● we require Soundcloud links for all submissions (no exceptions)
● you must also include; artwork, press photo, release info & a quote from the artist.
● Feel free to follow-up with us but do it once only and not within 5 days of your original submission; we need at least a week to process everything coming in.
● Always start a new email for each new submission with corresponding subject-line i.e. do not group multiple submissions by different artists into one email or via a previous submission thread
● We love making new friends so personal emails get our attention over automated mail-outs; in-fact we will unsubscribe from any automated lists
● Premiere requests are more than welcome; we generally need at least 5 days notice, we don’t require any exclusivity time however the premiere will need to be scheduled to suit AEST time-zone (Sydney, Australia)
● Do not send us unreleased music; unless it’s for a premiere request.
● Album/EP previews are accepted for reviewing consideration but you must provide a Soundcloud link.
● Support the Supporters; if we’re supporting your music across our network we feel it’s only fair that you return the favour and support us across your own. Following our social media channels is a great way to show your appreciation and by re-sharing our social media posts you will help maximise your exposure across the combined audiences, which means more plays and attention for all of us.
WRITE FOR US:
If you’re interested in contributing to Acid Stag, send us an email with a description of yourself and a sample review to the email address above.
LABEL, PUBLICITY & DISTRIBUTION:
Acid Stag also offers label, publicity & distribution services via Mammal Sounds; if your music sits comfortably within the realm of content currently shared on Acid Stag, feel free to contact us at Mammal Sounds for help with your next release.
Acid Stag’s logo is the work of Sydney-based designer Mulga the Artist.
● Jez Ryan