Acid Stag is proud to be one of Australia’s leading independent music news platforms. We’re dedicated to sharing the music that we love and we take pride in showcasing the best new music from Australia and around the world, each and every day.
Over the last ten years we’ve built a strong reputation for discovering and supporting the best new music by established and upcoming artists from across the globe, and while our tastes can be quite diverse, the quality of music can always be guaranteed 🎶
Whether you’re an artist, manager, label rep or publicist, we look forward to hearing from you, but to help us stay on top of the high volume of submissions that we receive each day we ask that you please follow these guidelines.
● we require Soundcloud links for all submissions – you must also include the release artwork, a press photo and a press release (or at least a quote from the artist on the creation of/story behind the release)
*best submission formatting for everyone is*
Intro [say hello!]
Soundcloud: [insert url]
Press Kit: [insert url]
● We mainly support “electronic” focused music on the site such as electro, house, dance, disco, indietronica, vapor-soul, alt-R&B/Soul etc.
● Feel free to follow-up with us but do it once only and not within 5 days of your original submission.
● Always start a new email for each new submission with corresponding subject-line, and do not group multiple submissions by different artists into one email.
● We love making new friends, so personal emails get our attention over automated mail-outs (in-fact we will unsubscribe from any automated lists)
● Premiere requests are more than welcome; we generally need at least 4 days notice, we don’t require any exclusivity time however the premiere will need to be scheduled to suit AEST time-zone (Sydney, Australia)
● Do not send us unreleased music unless it’s for a premiere request.
● Album/EP previews are accepted for reviewing consideration but you must provide a Soundcloud link.
● Support the Supporters; a lot of unpaid time & effort goes into maintaining a music platform and if we do share your music across our network we feel that it is only fair that you return the favour; following our social media channels is a great way to show your appreciation and by re-sharing our posts you will help maximise your exposure across the combined audiences, which means more plays and attention for both of us!
SEND ALL SUBMISSIONS TO:
WRITE FOR US:
If you’re interested in contributing to Acid Stag, send us an email with a description of yourself and a sample review to the email address above.
LABEL & PUBLICITY:
Acid Stag also offers label & publicity services via Mammal Sounds; if your music sits comfortably within the realm of content currently shared on Acid Stag, feel free to contact us at Mammal Sounds with a short description of your project and a Soundcloud preview of your unreleased music.
Acid Stag’s logo is the work of Sydney-based designer Mulga the Artist.
● Jez Ryan