As the world goes deeper into self-isolation, it is important to keep the lines of communication open and continue to support each other as much as we possibly can.
Acid Stag has launched a new series titled “CABIN FEVER” where we ask artists from all over the world to give us some insight into how self-isolation has affected their creativity and mental health, and also ask what they have/will be doing to keep their sanity and creativity flowing through these difficult times.
To kick things off this week, we’re checking in with electronic duo Adventure Club!
1. What is your current situation; are you at home alone, with family, or friends?
Both of us are luckily surrounded by our family in our respective homes. Being on the road so much, and not really getting to spend much time with family, we decided to have our families over to our respective homes and be together as much as possible.
2. Have you been dealing with any mental health issues as a result of this isolation?
Luckily between our families and having a solid home life routine, the mental health has been quite stable. One thing we’re having trouble reconciling is how much we miss touring, when you’re on the road it’s like “ok can’t wait to spend some time not travelling” but now we miss it tremendously.
3. What have you been doing to manage your mental state (e.g. meditation, yoga, writing music etc).
Christian is an avid twitch streamer and gamer. So you can always check in with him on our twitch stream. Taking this time to make music and dig deeeeeep into the crates for new music. Our routines have been pretty much unchanged since before the “new world”.
4. Have you tried collaborating with other artists online, and if that is a yes, do you feel this has helped you feel less isolated & confined?Definitely. I can’t say it helps with the isolation, because online collaboration was mainly how it was done before. But I can say, isolation in general really hasn’t been too much of an issue.
5. Do you have any words of wisdom that you would like to share with fellow artists and your fans?
Wake up with the sun, meditate, little morning ritual, work out, read, then spend the day working on something you love.
6. What is your “go-to” song right now?
‘Dividends’ by Prinze George
While you’re at it, you should check out Adventure Club‘s new single ‘Rebellious’ (featuring Yuna) which is out now via Ultra Music.