Taking over the HUMP DAY MIX series this week is Los Angeles producer LUXXURY who has given us a solid hours worth of classic disco treats from the likes of Whitney Houston, Evelyn King & Donna Summer, alongside a selection of modern day disco delights from The Knocks, Todd Terje & Soulwax just to name a few.
“This mix is based on some recent DJ sets I played in Mexico. I usually perform using Ableton Live, where I was improvise my live remix sets on the fly. But the night of my show at Gitano in Tulum it was so beautiful and the people had such an energy I decided I wanted to interact with them and not just spend the night looking at my laptop, mixing 8 loops of audio! So I deployed my USB sticks on the CDJs instead and it was so inspiring.
I loved being able to interact with the crowd more instead of tweaking the mix and bringing new loops in and out constantly. I had so much fun I did it again the next night in Mexico City. Rather than having to focus on the laptop every loop and sample I was free to try a wider range of music, so the mix has more of a mix of old dusty disco, newer nu disco and house, plus some of my originals and a few new tracks i’m working on that I tested on the dancefloor.” – LUXXURY
Just recently LUXXURY gave us new singles ‘Our Love is Real’ & ‘What are we Gonna Do?’, which will be seen on a new ep that he has set for release very soon. You can also check out those two below and be sure to stay tuned for his next single that is set for release on February 2st.
1. …With Somebody Who Loves Me – LUXXURY
2. The Knocks – No Requests
3. LUXXURY – African Party Starter
4. Local Artist – Dancer
5. Alex Rossi – Tutto va Bene Quando Facciamo L’Amore
6. Steve Monite – Only You (LUXXURY edit)
7. In Flagranti – Business Acumen
8. Lindstrom – Another Station (Todd Terje Remix)
9. LUXXURY – Bangalore Dancefloor
10. Donna Summer – Bad Girls (LUXXURY edit)
11. Robyn – Ever Again (Soulwax Remix)
12. Evelyn “Champagne” King – Shame (LUXXURY edit)