Keep Sydney Open have announced that there will be another rally to help save Sydney’s nightlife taking place on Sunday October 9th, urging the NSW State Government to take action in addressing the damage that has been caused to the city’s cultural nightlife and the local economy.
Justice Ian Callinan’s recent review into the lockout laws has actually endorsed Keep Sydney Open’s position that the vibrancy and economy of Sydney has been damaged as a result of these lockout laws. The next Keep Sydney Open rally will be focused on discussing some of the points outlined in Justice Ian Callinan’s report, including:
1. Developing best-practice policing strategies;
2. Investing in 24/7 public transport;
3. Implementing integrated urban planning reform;
4. Encouraging diversification of after-dark activities;
5. Establishing anti-violence education & intervention campaigns;
6. Incentivising well-run venues; and
7. Appointing a Night Mayor or similar.
This is an extremely important time in Sydney’s history, and if we all stand-by and let these things happen, who knows what will come next – we’ve gotta fight for our right to party!
RSVP for Sunday, October 9th: https://www.facebook.com/events/1159692567402833