Acid Stag is an Australian music news website that is dedicated to sharing the music we love.
While our main drive is to bring you all the newest music from everyone’s favourite artists, we still take pride in discovering new artists and giving them the opportunity to have their music heard by a worldwide audience.
We have a few daily series features in place to help cover all of the different types & genres of amazing music that we feel need to be heard – these series pieces include; Non-MixTape Remixes, Serious Covers, HUMP DAY MIX, Let’s Hear It For The.., Newcomers, Single Sessions, The Disco Pit, Friday Favourites, Friday MixTape, Music + Video, Remix This and Sunday Chills.
We receive over 300 emails every day, and while we do try our best to listen to everything that comes through our inbox, it just isn’t possible to respond to everyone. If we do like what we hear, we will get around to sharing it as soon as we can, we just ask that you be patient.
*Acid Stag is Australia’s leading Hype Machine listed site with over 3,500 followers*
● We are an electronic music focused website (beats, electronica, future-beat, electro, disco, house, groove, funk, dance, electro-RnB etc.), so that type of music is always going to get our attention. (no indie-rock/folk etc.)
● If you would like to have your music considered for a placement on acid stag, send us an email with a Soundcloud Link, Artwork, Press Photo, Press Release (or at least some info on the release), plus your Facebook & Twitter urls. (being a Hype Machine listed website, we don’t accept YouTube audio links or lyric videos)
● We love making new friends, so personal emails get our attention over automated press releases.
● We prefer not to receive previews of tracks ahead of their release, unless it’s for a premiere request.
● Album/EP previews are accepted for reviewing consideration, but you must either provide a Direct Download link or Soundcloud streaming link.
● Premiere requests are more than welcome, we just need at least 4 days notice, we don’t require any exclusivity time, and the premiere will need to be scheduled between 8am AEST to 6pm AEST, Monday to Thursday (8am – 2pm on Fridays).
● Feel free to follow-up with us, but you must keep your follow-up email to a minimum of 7 days from your original, and do not follow-up more than once. If we haven’t responded after the first follow-up, it is safe to assume that your submission has not made the cut, but we encourage you to keep us posted on your next release.
● Support the Supporters; if we do share your music across our network, we feel that it is only fair that you return the favour – following us on Facebook, Soundcloud, Twitter, Hype Machine, Mixcloud, Instagram and YouTube, is a great way to show your appreciation, and by re-sharing & retweeting our social posts, you will help maximise the exposure across the combined audiences – which means more plays & attention for you!
● If you are looking to promote your event/tour/festival/gig, we do have a few promo packages on offer for this type of coverage, so feel free to ask us for a copy of our rates menu.
● All tracks that are given a feature spot on the site are then included in our weekly Spotify playlist. This is the only way to be included.
SEND ALL SUBMISSIONS TO: [email protected]
WRITE FOR US:
If you love music and want to tell the world how much you really love it, we are always happy to consider adding new members to the family, so feel free to hit us up: [email protected]
Acid Stag also offers a music publicity service under the name Mammal Sounds. If your music sits comfortably within the realm of content currently shared on Acid Stag and you would like to get more information on the services Mammal Sounds has to offer, please send Mammal Sounds an email with a short description of your project, along with a sample of your music (DO NOT send Acid Stag submissions to this email address): [email protected]
Acid Stag’s logo is the work of Sydney-based creative, Mulga the Artist.