Acid Stag is an Australian music news website that is dedicated to sharing the music we love.
While our main goal is to bring you all the newest music from everyone’s favourite artists, we still take pride in discovering new artists and giving them the opportunity to have their music heard by a worldwide audience.
We have a few daily series features in place to help cover all of the different types & genres of amazing music that we feel need to be heard – these include; Acid Stag Radio (Spotify & Apple Music), Newcomers, Hump Day Mix, Let’s Hear It For The..Girls / Boys, Single Sessions, The Disco Pit, Friday Favourites, Friday MixTape, Music + Video, Remix This and Sunday Chills
Acid Stag is also Australia’s leading Hype Machine listed site with over 3,700 followers – join our Hypem community here!
We receive around 200 emails every day, and while we do try our best to listen to everything that comes through our inbox, it just isn’t possible to respond to everyone. If we do like what we hear, we will get around to sharing it as soon as we can, we just ask that you be patient. And it is best not to send your submission over the weekend – your submission will be checked but no replies will be given.
● We are an electronic music focused website (beats, electronica, future-beat, electro, disco, house, groove, funk, soul, dance, electro-RnB etc.), so that type of music is always going to get our attention. (no indie-rock/folk etc.)
● If you would like to have your music considered for a placement on Acid Stag, send us an email with a Soundcloud Link, Artwork, Press Photo, Press Release (or at least some info on the release – artist quotes are great), plus your Facebook, Twitter & Instagram urls (we don’t accept YouTube audio links or lyric videos)
Best and easiest formatting is;
Soundcloud: [insert url]
Press Kit: [insert url] (include: artwork, press release, press photo & mp3)
● Always start a new email for each new submission with corresponding subject-line.
● We love making new friends, so personal emails get our attention over automated press releases – we generally unsubscribe from all automated mail-lists.
● We prefer not to receive previews of tracks ahead of their release, unless it’s for a premiere request.
● Album/EP previews are accepted for reviewing consideration, but you must either provide a Soundcloud streaming link.
● Premiere requests are more than welcome, we just need at least 4 days notice, we don’t require any exclusivity time, and the premiere will need to be scheduled between 8am AEST to 6pm AEST, Monday to Thursday (8am – 2pm on Fridays).
● Feel free to follow-up with us, but you must keep your follow-up email to a minimum of 7 days from your original, and do not follow-up more than once. If we haven’t responded after the first follow-up, it is safe to assume that your submission has not made the cut, but we encourage you to keep us posted on your next release.
● Support the Supporters; if we do share your music across our network, we feel that it is only fair that you return the favour – following us on Facebook, Soundcloud, Twitter, Hype Machine, Mixcloud, Instagram and YouTube, is a great way to show your appreciation, and by re-sharing & retweeting our social posts, you will help maximise the exposure across the combined audiences – which means more plays & attention for you!
● If you are looking to promote your event/tour/festival/gig, we do have a “promo package” on offer for this type of coverage, feel free to ask us for more info on this.
SEND ALL SUBMISSIONS TO:
WRITE FOR US:
If you’re interested in contributing to Acid Stag, send us an email with a description of yourself and a sample review to the submission address above.
LABEL & PUBLICITY:
Acid Stag also offers label & publicity services via Mammal Sounds; if your music sits comfortably within the realm of content currently shared on Acid Stag, feel free to contact us at Mammal Sounds with a short description of your project and a preview of your unreleased music: https://www.mammalsounds.com/contact
Acid Stag’s logo is the work of Sydney-based creative, Mulga the Artist.