Acid Stag is an Australian-based music news website that is dedicated to sharing the music we love.
While our main goal is to bring you all the newest music each day from everyone’s favourite artists, we still take pride in discovering new artists and giving them the opportunity to have their music heard by a worldwide audience.
Acid Stag is also Australia’s leading Hype Machine listed site with over 3,800 followers.
We receive a few hundred emails every day, and while we do try our best to listen to everything that comes through our inbox it just isn’t possible to respond to everyone. If we do like what we hear, we will get around to sharing your song as soon as we can, we just ask that you be patient. Like everyone we like to take the weekend off but if you do happen to send us your submission over the weekend, rest assured that your submission will be read but no reply will be given.
● If you would like to have your music considered for a placement on Acid Stag, send us an email with a Soundcloud Link, Artwork, Press Photo & Press Release (or at least some info on the release or artist quote), plus your Facebook, Twitter & Instagram urls (we don’t accept YouTube audio links or lyric videos)
Best and easiest formatting is;
Soundcloud: [insert url]
Press Kit: [insert url] (include: artwork, press release, press photo & mp3)
● We are an electronic music focused website (electronica, electro, disco, house, groove, funk, soul, dance, electro-RnB, future-beat etc.), so that type of music is always going to get our attention. (no indie-rock/folk etc.)
● Always start a new email for each new submission with corresponding subject-line.
● We love making new friends, so personal emails get our attention over automated press releases (we generally unsubscribe from all automated mail-lists).
● We prefer not to receive previews of tracks ahead of their release, unless it’s for a premiere request.
● Album/EP previews are accepted for reviewing consideration, but you must either provide a Soundcloud streaming link.
● Premiere requests are more than welcome, we just need at least 4 days notice, we don’t require any exclusivity time but the premiere will need to be scheduled between AEST time-zone.
● Feel free to follow-up with us once only and it must not be within 5 days from your original submission. If we haven’t responded after the first follow-up, we do apologise but it’s safe to assume that your submission has not made the cut, but we encourage you to keep us posted on your next release.
● Support the Supporters; if we do share your music across our network, we feel that it is only fair that you return the favour – following us on Facebook, Soundcloud, Twitter, Hype Machine, Mixcloud, Instagram and YouTube, is a great way to show your appreciation, and by re-sharing & retweeting our social posts, you will help maximise the exposure across the combined audiences – which means more plays & attention for you!
SEND ALL SUBMISSIONS TO:
WRITE FOR US:
If you’re interested in contributing to Acid Stag, send us an email with a description of yourself and a sample review to the submission address above.
LABEL & PUBLICITY:
Acid Stag also offers label & publicity services via Mammal Sounds; if your music sits comfortably within the realm of content currently shared on Acid Stag, feel free to contact us at Mammal Sounds with a short description of your project and a preview of your unreleased music: https://www.mammalsounds.com/contact
Acid Stag’s logo is the work of Sydney-based creative, Mulga the Artist.
● Jez Ryan