Welcome to Acid Stag; an Australian-based music news website that is dedicated to sharing the music we love.
We receive a few hundred emails every day, and while we do try our best to listen to everything that comes through our inbox it just isn’t possible to respond to everyone. If we do like what we hear, we will get around to sharing your song as soon as we can, we just ask that you be patient.
● If you would like to have your music considered for a placement on Acid Stag, send us an email with all assets; Soundcloud Link, Artwork, Press Photo & Press Release, and also include your Facebook, Twitter & Instagram urls (we don’t accept YouTube audio links or lyric videos)
Best and easiest formatting is;
Soundcloud: [insert url]
Press Kit: [insert url]
● We are an “electronic music” focused website (electronica, electro, disco, house, groove, funk, soul, dance, electro-RnB, future-beat etc.), so that type of music is always going to get our attention. (no indie-rock/folk etc.)
● Always start a new email for each new submission with corresponding subject-line.
● We love making new friends, so personal emails get our attention over automated press releases.
● We prefer not to receive previews of tracks ahead of their release, unless it’s for a premiere request.
●Premiere requests are more than welcome, we just need at least 4 days notice, we don’t require any exclusivity time and the premiere will need to be scheduled between Monday-Friday AEST time-zone.
● Album/EP previews are accepted for reviewing consideration, but you must provide a Soundcloud streaming link.
● Feel free to follow-up with us but do it once only, and not before 5 days from your original submission. If we haven’t responded after the first follow-up it is safe to assume that your submission has not made the cut, but we encourage you to keep us posted on your next release.
● Support the Supporters; if we do share your music across our network, we feel that it is only fair that you return the favour – following our social media channels is a great way to show your appreciation, and by re-sharing our posts you will help maximise the exposure across the combined audiences, which means more plays and attention for both of us!
SEND ALL SUBMISSIONS TO:
WRITE FOR US:
If you’re interested in contributing to Acid Stag, send us an email with a description of yourself and a sample review to the submission address above.
LABEL & PUBLICITY:
Acid Stag also offers label & publicity services via Mammal Sounds; if your music sits comfortably within the realm of content currently shared on Acid Stag, feel free to contact us at Mammal Sounds with a short description of your project and a preview of your unreleased music.
Acid Stag’s logo is the work of Sydney-based creative, Mulga the Artist.
● Jez Ryan