Surely it’s not the end of 2017 already?! It seems like a miracle that we’ve made it to December without a nuclear apocalypse, but I guess we just need to count our blessings!
Indeed, 2017 has left us with some thoroughly memorable tunes. Albums from BROCKHAMPTON, LCD Soundsystem and Algiers gave us veiled comments on the early Trump era. While veterans Bjork and Four Tet showed us they still have magic left in them, the future also looks bright with releases from Sampha, Mura Masa and SZA, not to mention that against all odds, Calvin Harris and Tyler, The Creator have proven that they can in-fact make half-decent music – 2017 sure has been a wacky year!
Here are my Top 10 Albums of 2017 – have a safe and happy Christmas/NYE!
1. Bjork – Utopia
2. BROCKHAMPTON – SATURATION II
3. LCD Soundsystem – American Dream
4. Sampha – Process
5. Tyler, The Creator – Flower Boy
6. Algiers – The Underside of Power
7. Mura Masa – Mura Masa
8. Mount Kimbie – Love What Survives
9. Calvin Harris – Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1
10. King Krule – The OOZ
11. Floating Points – Reflections – Mojave Desert
12. SZA – Control
13. Forest Swords – Compassion
14. DJ Seinfeld – Time Spent Away From U
15. Four Tet – New Energy
16. Perfume Genius – No Shape
17. Sinjin Hawke – First Opus
18. Thundercat – Drunk
19. Yaeji – EP2
20. Bonobo – Migration
author: Ruben Seaton