This year has had numerous interesting and amazing albums and EPs. It’s also been a great year with many artist taking bold leaps to create original and effective concepts, and so my top 10 albums will highlight these albums that I thoroughly enjoyed, firstly because they sounded fantastic, and secondly because the artists really pushed their boundaries.
For me, Unknown Mortal Orchestra’s Mutli-Love is an incredibly creative album, and the production on here is so tight. It’s one of those albums that you grow closer to with every listen, and hear new things you hadn’t noticed before.
1. Unknown Mortal Orchestra – Multi-Love
2. Empress of – Me
3. Neon Indian – Vega Intl. Night School
4. City Calm Down – In a Restless House
5. I’lls – Can I go with you to go back to my country
6. Kendrick Lamar – To Pimp a Butterfly
7. Allthingslost – Magictime EP
8. Howling – Sacred Ground
9. Woodes x Elkkle – Woodes x Ellkle
10. LA Priest – Inji
Art of Sleeping – Shake Shiver
Foals – What Went Down
Majical Cloudz – Are You Alone?
Slum Sociable – TQ
Astronauts Etc – Mind Out Wandering
Sufjan Stevens – Carrie & Lowell
Patrick Watson – Love songs for robots
Mura Masa – Somday Somewhere