We Are The Works In Progress is a 14 track benefit album to support the ongoing efforts to heal post-tsunami Japan.
Compiled by NY alt-pop trio Blonde Redhead, the record boasts a stellar cast of contributors such as Karin Dreijer Andersson (The Knife/Fever Ray), Deerhunter, Interpol, Nosaj Thing, Pantha Du Prince and Four Tet among others, all donating a track exclusively to the compilation.
Take a listen to Four Tet’s contribution, a brand-newy titled ‘Moma’:
1. Four Tet: Moma
2. Karin Dreijer Andersson: No Face
3. Terry Riley: G Song
4. Nosaj Thing: Nightcrawler
5. John Roberts: Berceuse
6. Blonde Redhead: Penny Sparkle
7. Pantha Du Prince: Bird On A Wire
8. Broadcast: In Here The World Begins
9. Liars/Blonde Redhead: Drip
10. Deerhunter: Curve
11. Stalactite: Stalagmite
12. John Maus: Castles In The Grave
13. David Sylvain/Ryuichi Sakamoto: Bamboo House
14. Interpol: Song Seven
The compilation is out January 10 via Blonde Redhead’s newly formed label, Asa Wa Kuru – Japanese for ‘Morning Will Come’. You can however pre-order your copy now, right HERE.