What to say about 2015… I don’t know about everyone else but I will be happy to see the back of it! Unfortunately I haven’t been able to voice my opinion over Acid Stag as much this year, though the other Staggers have definitely done an incredible job without me, and helped to keep me in the music scene loop despite, well, life.
Regardless of MY less than average year however, it seems that artists have been thriving, producing some of the highest quality albums we have heard to date. I also found it particularly intriguing that the stand outs have not fallen in one particular genre; we have electronic, folk, RnB, ambient, dance sitting happily beside each other in my ‘best of’ list, which only proves that maybe you can’t pick em.
So without further adieu here are the Top 10 Albums that helped me survive 2015.
1. Jamie XX – In Colour
2. Sufjan Stevens – Carrie & Lowell
3. Purity Ring – Another Eternity
4. Hermitude – Dark Night Sweet Night
5. Disclosure – Caracal
6. Florence and the Machine – How Big, How Blue, How Beautifu
7. Major Lazer – Peace is a Mission
8. Chvrches – Every Open Eye
9. Kendrick Lamar – To Pimp a Butterfly
10. Active Child – Mercy